My Blog Is Given 5 Stars Award

My Blog Is Given 5 Stars Award
Click on the award logo to read the entire story

Followers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

My MBA journey -Part1 (Why MBA )

It's been a long 2 years since I started my MBA preparation. After my engineering ,I was amused seeing so many of my peers, seniors and even juniors going into one or the other top b-schools .This made me wonder what is so special about this word "MBA".

Researching, talking to alumni and prospective students and goggling threw many reasons/facts listed below (in no order):

1) Big Moolah
2) Enhanced career prospects in the same function/industry
3) Current job/industry sucks so need to change (especially true of IT guys :) )
4) MBA would provide opportunities for networking
5) Blah blah blah

Pondering over the list, I thought what shall be my reason for doing an MBA.I thought and thought and finally came up with an answer (though this took me 1 year) .I took 1 more year to mentally prepare myself that I really needed an MBA .External conditions/factors especially those beyond one's control do influence a lot if you want to make an important decision and this indeed was the case with me. But the point is after 2 years of introspection and circumspection and retrospection and all other spections :), I finally made a call to prepare for one of the most coveted degrees (at least this is what I thought at that time).

How I prepared, what did I do, nitty-gritty of GMAT/CAT, what were the failures/setbacks etc. would be covered in the subsequent blogs. Facebook

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice article. Keep it up!!

Abhinav Agarwal said...

Thanks for the praise.Btw , could you please reveal your identity?

prateek said...

kya baat hai thakur,

journey ki kahani start kar di....

waise nice usage of words, but you should have been more careful while using "Gerunds". you might have wanted to go for "Infinitives". :)

anyways, just kidding. keep up the good work like you did in case of this journey.

Anonymous said...

But the reason is still not clear , wht MBA ?